Does your school need some fresh and environmentally friendly fundraising ideas? Check out these great options below!
Auctions: Auction items are more fun when they include experiences with teachers or senior staff. Parents can bid on a hike and picnic for 6 kids with their beloved 3rd grade teacher; a middle school teacher or the principal can cook a gourmet dinner for 6 in the bidder’s home.
Recycling: Consider a plan that doesn’t cost parents a penny: More than 350 million printer cartridges are thrown away and 35 million cell phones are replaced and discarded annually. Instead, recycle e-waste for cash, reducing the volume of waste in landfills while benefiting your school.
- Cartridges for Kids: Pays schools and non-profit organizations cash for empty laser and inkjet cartridges, used cell phones, laptops, PDAs, GPS devices and iPods. Earthtone Solutions and Funding Factory have similar e-waste recycling fundraising programs. Office Depot’s free program, “Recycling Rules” accepts all brands of ink, toner and small electronics in exchange for Office Depot Gift Cards to be used for free school or classroom supplies.
- Terracycle pays students and schools to collect everything from action figures to water filters! Terracycle makes bags, pencil boxes, and other items out of the packaging, which is not generally accepted in standard recycling programs.
Scrip & e-Scrip: Scrip: Gift certificates or cards — for use at local retail stores — can be purchased by schools at a discount and sold at a profit. e-Scrip: Many grocery chains have programs that disburse a percentage of a shopper’s purchases to a school they specify.
Walk-a-Thons, Bowl-a-Thons, and other sports-related fundraisers promote physical activity for students and can be lucrative for schools.
Sell Eco-Friendly Products & Services: The following organizations will help you raise money for your school by selling eco-friendly products, with up to 40% of profits going to the school.
FairTrade Caravans works with schools, teams/clubs and nonprofits to educate their communities and transition their fundraising efforts from traditional products to fair trade products.
Earn 25% of product sales for your school or organization by promoting the powerful purchase of fair trade products. By doing so your school, club or youth group will earn significant financial benefits while supporting farmers and artisans in developing countries. For more information or to sign up.
Go Green Fundraising: Go Green fundraising is the most diverse environmentally friendly fundraising idea available. Offers 24 unique green fundraising products for supporters to choose from.
- Flowers and Bulbs
- Live Trees and Seed Kits
- Reuseable Bags
- All Natural Food and Snacks
- All Natural Beauty Products
Equal Exchange: Organic & fair trade foods & gifts. Ditch the junk and sell foods and gifts from small farmers and artisans around the globe.
- 40% Profits
- Free shipping
- Free catalogs and educational materials
- Organic & Fairly traded foods and gifts folks will love!
Custom Earth Promos: Offers a variety of environmentally friendly products such as reuseable bags, seed paper products, reuseable bottles, lanyards and more!
Chicobag – At ChicoBag, our mission is to help humanity bag the single-use habit. We mean the wasteful, throw-away habit that overflows our landfills and clogs our oceans. We do this by advocating for waste reduction and designing the highest quality, longest lasting reusable bags.
- Chicobags are produced with post-consumer plastic bottles. For information on School Fundraising, CLICK Here.
- Chicobag’s Pay It Forward Program recycles old, worn and even non-functional reusable bags. To learn more, CLICK Here.
GreenAmerica.org: Green America offers a number of links to products that are eco-friendly.
GreenSchools.net: Check out the Green Schools Initiative website for some terrific green fundraising ideas.
And what about making your own fundraising product such as seed paper cards or bookmarks, or making gift bags and tags out of recycled paper and twine? There are so many creative crafts that don’t cost a lot of money and are a lot of fun to make!