Food Waste & Recovery Programs
There is a growing movement in our country to reduce our food waste, and where better to start than in school cafeterias?
We’ve found some resources that will help schools evaluate their food waste and develop strategies and procedures to reduce, reuse or recycle this valuable commodity.
- Andover MA SOP Food Waste (2018)
- EPA-Quest for Less Teacher Guide (2005) (see page 95)
- Iowa Schools Food Waste Minimization Toolkit (2017)
- Maine School Food Recovery Handbook (2018)
- Massachusetts Share Table Guidance (2017)
- Wellesley MA SOP School Food Rescue (2017)
- EPA WasteWise
- EPA Food Recovery Challenge